Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh no. My tooth

For the past 4-5 nights, I've been waking up at around 5am. And going back to bed at 7am. Why? Damn toothache. My upper left tooth has been acting up. I have what they call, 'Abcess Tooth'.
From Wikipedia:

"A tooth abscess or root abscess is pus enclosed in the tissues of the jaw bone at the tip of an infected tooth. Usually the abscess originates from a bacterial infection that has accumulated in the soft pulp of the tooth.
Abscesses typically originate from dead pulp tissue, usually caused by untreated tooth decay, cracked teeth or extensive periodontal disease. A failed root canal treatment may also create a similar abscess.
It may also develop from bacteria entering a tooth filling and multiplying. A pus taste may also develop."

Pretty gross, huh?
My at-home remedies : Chinese Herbal Pills, Gargling with Salt Water (warm), then gargling with olive oil. Last, placing an ice-pack on My cheek. My cheek has been puffy, due to all this non-sense. I avoid doctors & dentists, as much as I can. I do have insurance from school, but I don't think it covers My dental costs.

Currently, My tooth feels okay. Later, it won't. Once it acts up, My cheek begins to get puffy. My headache kicks in. My eyes hurt. It's all connected. I've had work done in the past on the same exact tooth. I had x-rays, and a filling. The filling fell out, because I didn't 'crown' the filling. I believe the dentist gave Me a root canal, too. Pretty disgusting. He's some doc from Dearborn Dentistry, downtown. Too much $$$$.

Sometimes, I wish I had a slave that were a doctor. But the only person I'm blaming for this is Myself.
Bad teeth runs in My family. Earlier on, I should have not ate so much sweets. And I should have brushed daily. Currently, I hardly eat sweets and I brush 2x's a day. I forget to floss everyday, though. I've learned My lesson. Maybe I should give in, and see the dentist. Or keep on experimenting with My temporarily-relief at-home remedies.

No comments: